AN OVERVIEW OF PAYROLL IN NORWAY AND DENMARK
CPD Qualification Hours: 6
An overview of payroll processing in Norway and Denmark
Cost: £425+VAT, $550, €500
10% off for GPA members
Scandinavian countries are renowned for their high tax rates but what else do employers need to understand about payroll processing in Norway and Denmark and their obligations for each country?
Having attended this course delegates will have confidence that they understand the fundamentals of payroll processing in Norway and Denmark, are clear about employer obligations, know what they need to do on a periodic and annual basis and can answer employee queries and check payslips.
Even if you have outsourced the payrolls it is still the employers responsibility to ensure these are met and that tax and social security are correctly processed. This course not only gives you the information you need to be compliant but also ensures you know exactly what information should be given to a payroll provider and the various tasks they should be completing on your behalf.
Having attended the courses delegates will also be able to accurately follow a simple pay calculation and identify the key items on a payslip for each jurisdiction.
What’s covered in the course?
* A glossary of terms that are used regularly in payroll
* A brief overview of each country and the business culture
* Employment law (includes working time, collective bargaining and union agreements, work permits, visas and employment contracts)
* Payroll administration requirements (includes reporting and payments for starters and leavers)
* Income tax (including rates and allowances, tax deduction cards, tax identity numbers, plus labour movement contributions in Denmark and anonymous persons processes in Norway)
* Social security contributions
* Pension requirements
* How to process the various types of statutory leave and payments (includes sickness, holidays, public holidays, maternity and parental, etc. and the treatment in respect of tax and social security)
* Business expenses and benefits in kind (including per diems, company cars, tax free staff welfare items and other tax free items)
* An overview of a Norwegian and a Danish payslip with English translations
* High level tax calculations for Norway and Denmark and how to access the Revenue on-line tax calculation tools
* Statutory reporting requirements for monthly payrolls and annual reporting (including A-melding reports in Norway, A –tax and 03.075 in Denmark)
Delegates will also receive details of links to useful websites, and online access to resources on the GPA website.
23rd February 2018 – London
23rd 24th 25th May 2018 – Virtual Learning
24th August 2018 – London